Holly Smith is the very talented photographer behind Delona Photography in Clovis, CA. She’s very gracious and a good friend, but that didn’t calm the nervous jitters I had while photographing her family. It’s a stressful thing to photograph another photographer. You don’t believe it till it actually happens to you and all of a sudden you start questioning every thing you normally do and wondering if it’s the “right way”. Somehow I made it through to the other side with a bazillion gorgeous images of this family. Granted, they are ridiculously photogenic and that helped my poor shaky hands out a lot.
I was staying over with the family, so I got to shoot a few “getting ready” shots as the girls introduced me to all their balloon friends and had their hair done. I liked the in house feel … I have a feeling we’ll be doing a lifestyle photo session in their home soon.
Kearney Park was the location we chose… strictly from word of mouth and a quick Google maps search. Can I just take a moment to thank Google maps from the bottom of my heart? A daily lifesaver for sure! Besides having a natural atmosphere, Kearney had a few more things essential to a great photoshoot:
- Gorgeous golden sunlight.
- A crazy awesome mansion with a covered porch and grey walls. (no color casts from these walls)
- Cool trees that lit up with the sun.
- A plastic sunflower that we found in the grass.
- and last, and certainly least, little midgies that kept us moving along at a productive rate.